Mappings will be displayed for two nights on June 30 and July 1 on the façade of Pécs Cathedral as the main attraction of Zsolnay Festival of Light. Organizing partner and official host of the 2017 competition, internationally renowned Hungarian visual arts studio, Glowing Bulbs will also be presenting yet another opus at this year’s festival, and a selection of out-ofcompetition works will be showcased on the night of June 30, including Glowing Bulbs’ epic work, ‘The Book of Jonah’.
Besides the Southern façade and the two towers, the Cathedral’s roof will also be added this year to the mapping site to enhance the overall visual experience.
Winner of the three Jury Prizes will be selected by an international Jury Panel, and shortlisted works will also be open for a public vote for the Audience Prize, granted by festivalunlimited.com.
The Zsolnay Light Art Mapping Competition is free for all visitors, and is recommended for all ages.
About the competition
Theme: Attracted to Light
Site: Southern facade including the two towers and roof of Pécs Cathedral
Date of competition: June 30 and July 1, 2017
We are expecting audio-visual mappings reflecting on the subject, ‘Attracted to Light’, engaging with the architecture, spirit and traditions of Pécs Cathedral. During selection process the Jury will select a maximum of 10 pieces to be presented live. The Competition is open to emerging and established artists, students and professionals – both individual and group applications are accepted. Individuals under the age of 18 may only apply with written parental consent. By registering, applicants automatically accept competition rules.
• Zsolnay Mapping Festival Grand Jury Prize – €5.500
• Zsolnay Mapping Festival 2nd Place – €3.000
• Zsolnay Mapping Festival 3rd Place – €1.500
• Zsolnay Mapping Festival Audience Prize by festivalunlimited.com
1. Application and Project proposal
Submission deadline: May 7, 2017 – 12:00 AM (midnight) Longlist announced: May 8, 2017
• Project proposal – candidates will be asked to write a short description of their project
• Mood or Storyboard – attach still images of key scenes using a template provided by Zsolnay Mapping Festival, and present the mood of the accompanying music
Submission deadline: May 29, 2017 – 12:00 AM (midnight)
Shortlist announced: June 5, 2017
• Shortlisted participants present their Finished Project in fullHD resolution with music
3. Submitting Final Competition
Material Submission deadline: July 20, 2017
Upload complete video and audio material of the Project in fullHD resolution according to the technical specifications provided in the competition tender Contestants will be notified via e-mail upon registration and after each stage.